Arrested Maoist commander was part of 2013 Jheeram Ghati massacre
BHOPAL: Naxal commander Dilip Guha arrested by Madhya Pradesh police from Balaghat district a week ago was allegedly in know of the conspiracy behind the 2013 Bastar bloodbath that wiped out entire frontline Congress leadership of Chhattisgarh, sources said.
A hardened Maoist of the North Gadchiroli-Gondia divisional committee (NGBDC), Guha was involved in more than 200 cases, including murder of state's former transport minister and beheading of 19 government employees.
He was arrested by the Balaghat police on May 22. Guha was not only involved in the conspiracy, but was also part of the operation in Jheeram Ghati in Bastar that killed 27 people, say intelligence sources.
“There are several inputs pouring in about his involvement in various cases, but he has not confessed so far. We could only recover weapons from old arms dumps on his information,” says DC Sagar, IG Balaghat.
Accused Dilip alias Guha, resident of Balaghat's Maate village, was arrested after a brief encounter in Sungudda district's forest area where he was moving with seven armed guerrillas. Others managed to escape.
Guha carried a bounty of Rs 40 lakh on his head and was wanted in 130 cases registered in Madhya Pradesh alone. Police were on the lookout in three red zone areas.
“He is a hard nut to crack,” said the IG. Guha joined the Malajkhand dalam at the age of 16 in 1995. The dalam was led by Suraj Tekam, key accused in murder of former transport minister Likhiram Kawre in Sonepur village in Balaghat district on December 16, 1999.
Officials say Guha had a dispute with Maoist brass after a love affair with one of the commandants. Officers from other states and intelligence agencies will also interrogate him.