Informative, Innovative and Interactive Site of MP & Chhattisgarh
Un Site Informatif, Innovatif et Interactif de MP & Chhattisgarh

“It is not right in God’s sight to obey men rather than God.”





Chhattisgarh News
62 school kids in Chhattisgarh fall ill after consuming Jatrpha seeds
16-02-2015

RAIPUR: At least 62 students of a government school fell ill after they consumed seeds of the poisonous Jatropha plant in Chhattisgarh’s Bemetara district.

Government primary and middle school students of Luk village in Saja block fell ill after they ate the seeds outside the school premises on Saturday, Bemetara Collector Basavraju S told PTI Sunday.

All of them were discharged from hospitals on Sunday after their condition improved. They are stable now, he said.

After reaching home from school Saturday, the kids had complained of headache, vomiting and stomach disorders. “As soon as their parents realised that their kids had consumed Jatropha seeds, they were rushed to a primary health centre of Saja Saturday evening.”

“As many as 62 students, who developed complications after eating the poisonous seeds, were brought to Saja. Later, 40 of them were shifted to the Bemetara district hospital for further treatment,” the collector said.