Youth consumes liquor mixed with acid, dies
BHOPAL: A 24-year-old youth died after he consumed
liquor mixed with acid, assuming it as water, in the Madhya Pradesh capital on
Saturday morning. A case was registered at Ashoka Garden police station of the
Rohit, a resident of Sundar Nagar, would often remain
tipsy. He hailed from Uttar Pradesh and was working in a firm in Govindpura
industrial area, but had to quit his job probably due to his drinking habit,
around two months ago.
His wife had left him a few days after he lost his
job. Rohit’s family had sent him some money for survival and he was using that
money for consuming liquor.
When his condition deteriorated, residents from
neighbourhood rushed him to hospital where he succumbed. Police confirmed that
the incident was an accident and the man had not committed suicide.