Informative, Innovative and Interactive Site of MP & Chhattisgarh
Un Site Informatif, Innovatif et Interactif de MP & Chhattisgarh

“It is not right in God’s sight to obey men rather than God.”





Bhopal City
Second unit of Singaji power project to start generation from October
29-07-2014

BHOPAL: Commercial power generation will start in the second unit of 2X600 MW capacity Shri Singaji Thermal Power Project in Khandwa district of Madhya Pradesh from October this year.

Project’s first 600 MW unit had started generating power since February 1, 2014. So far, Rs 6,822 crore has been spent on the project whose total cost is Rs 7,820 crore. Project’s 3rd and 4th units of the second phase will start generating power from March and June 2018, respectively. This project’s cost is Rs 6,500 crore. The state government has provided 20 percent share capital for this and remaining 80 percent is being obtained as loan from PFC.

Different BOP systems of second phase of the thermal power project are nearing completion. Similarly, construction of rail line from Surgaon Banjhari to Beed is under progress and is expected to be completed with electrification and signalling soon.

Work order was released to BHEL on December 12, 2008 for man power block of the project. Commercial power generation has started from Unit-1 and is expected to start in Unit-2 from October 2014. For remaining plant works, work orders were issued to L&T Limited, Badodara on October 26, 2009.

Estimated cost of the project’s second phase is Rs 6,500 crore. Commercial power generation from this phase’s Unit-3 is expected to start from March 2018 and Unit-4 from June 2018. Adequate water and land is available for project’s establishment and financial closing has been obtained.

Of the estimated cost, Rs 6,862 crore will be obtained as loan from PFC and Rs 1,300 crore from share capital from the state government. For obtaining loan, the Power Generating Company has entered into an MoU with Power Finance Company. Permission has been obtained from Airport Authority of India for construction of project’s 275 meter high chimney. Union Ministry for Coal has allotted Gond Bahera, Singrauli coal block for the project.

The state government has given administrative sanction for establishment of the second phase by Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company. Union Ministry for Power has given status of mega power project to this project. Water allotment and land is available for the project. Project consultant has also been appointed. MoU with Madhya Pradesh Power Trading Company (Now, Power Management Company Limited) was signed on January 4, 2011.